Thursday, January 20, 2011

Foreigner Night Life Districts

Here are things you can see/hear at the night life districts for ex-pats around Asia:

-A nine to one ratio of males to females.
-A handful of the trashiest skanks you’ll ever meet trying to pick up a chump to take them to America and pay for college.
-Music chosen by some idiot who thinks they know what all foreigners want to listen to when really what they choose is exactly what all stupid foreigners want to listen to…if you’re lucky.
-An assortment of English teachers and government employees who, even though they have been abroad for a decade, still want the “comforts of home” and still can’t speak any of the local language or tolerate the local culture.
-The American military who have left their military base or naval vessel just to be douchebags on the piss for a few days.
-White, middle aged assholes treating the sweet bar girls like shit even though they get paid approximately thirty cents to work 572 hours a week.
-You may be lucky enough to hear live music from someone talented enough to be a disproportionately large fish in a very, very, very small puddle of piss.

2 comments:

  1. I never, ever, want to hear anything by Journey again. But I know that as soon as I go to OB's I will. Such a depressing thought. Then last week, just when I thought to myself, "Wow, they're playing Gil Scott Heron!" it turned out that Kanye West had just sampled him. Bam, back down to earth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The longer I spend in Nepal the more I realize just how much I hate Thamel. I'm not ridiculously straight-edge or anything: I don't care if people do drugs, and I'll confess I've been tempted here and there. But every time some sleazy-looking Nepali guy in a dirty gray toque follows me for half a dozen paces muttering "Hashish? Marjuana? Sexy lady?" I just want to punch him in the face.

    ReplyDelete