Saturday, September 17, 2011

People Telling You They Like The Instrument You Play Cos There Was One Of Them In That Shite Band They Love

"Oh I love the saxophone it's so cool!" Can you please explain why you think it's so cool? No you can't, but that shite band you love (Chicago, Fat Freddy's, UB40, etc) had one in it once and that was innovative/crazy/mind-altering for you. I'm glad you like the instrument I play (seriously) and it's great that you felt strongly enough about it to tell me (also serious) but please don't infer because I play instrument X that I a) know or b) care about the particular usage you love so much. Otherwise all I can really do is smile and thank you for your interest.

The worst example of this goes something like this: "Oh my God, I love the clarinet, Kenny G plays it so well...." Kenny G a) sucks the fat one, and b) almost definitely played soprano sax on the recording you love.

3 comments:

  1. Bro, have you seen Kenny G in the new Katy Perry video?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kenny G SHREDS in the Katy Perry "friday night" video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not convinced "Uncle Kenny" has done anything to redeem himself.

    ReplyDelete