Friday, April 8, 2011

Studylink

Is there a better example of an organisation with a left hand and a right hand that haven't met? No, if recent events in my life are anything to go by. In the last two days I have received no less than six emails from Studylink, each rendering the others useless through a series of contradictions and repetitions. Hmmmm. To clarify things, I could ring the 0800 number and wait all afternoon to talk to someone who will probably only resubmit my applications for X, Y and Z so I can get another confusing batch of emails next week. Alternatively, I could continue trying unsuccessfully to log on to the website on which I submitted my original applications and was promised new log-in details which never arrived. In the meantime, a sum of money has turned up in my bank account but I have no idea what it's for. I'm happy for this to keep happening but I can't escape the feeling that something drastic will go wrong further down the line. At the time of writing, I suspect Stupidlink have only paid Victoria University for three of my four courses and if I don't take proactive action, I'll find out about that a week before I think I'm graduating.

The Cruddylink system needs a comprehensive overhaul. There is no reason these things should be so confusing and so consistently useless! It's not just me. Muddylink is truly shit. Has anyone ever had a good Studystink experience?

5 comments:

  1. Nope. It was shit when I was at Uni in AK too. The staff at the office there (uni students working part-time in the registry building's cashier office) were pretty cool given the amount of cockups they had to try and sort out. The computers were in that office, with studylink apps, and those poor sods had to spend their days doing non-stop damage control.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took them 4 years to get my phone numbers and address right. If they can't do something as basic as that, it's not a surprise when they screw up the money.

    I finished studying years ago but still get about 4 letters a year declining my student loan application. I ignore them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are a joke! How many prospective students (and parents) with real intelligence have they driven mad with their inane questions and cock ups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you know that this is an optimal operational stategy - keeps the costs of the loan / allowance system down?!!?

    ReplyDelete