Saturday, February 5, 2011

Diary of Helena from Seatoun

There are many different groups in Wellington. If we were to target one, you might think we'd go for the hipsters or the hippies or the dicks dressed as twats and the twats dressed as dicks at the Sevens.

All of these people are awful, but one often overlooked type of scum is the classic Wellingtonian.

On that note, we'd like to introduce the latest diary entry from our guest writer, Helena from Seatoun.


Dear diary,

My Sunday began with my weekly visit to the vegetable market. I know the veges come from the same orchards as those at the supermarket, but the wholesome little market-stalls make them seem so much more fresh!

After this, I visited a trendy cafe where I drank fair trade coffee and read The Guardian Weekly. I love The Guardian - it's really left-wing like me and has a clever way of making politics seem fashionable. I can't stand The Daily 'Tory-graph' however because no newspaper should be that politically biased.

I'm what you'd call a proud left-winger. I admire the work of left-wing politicians because they stick up for people in suburbs I wouldn't be seen dead in. I fervently believe in public education and in not giving more resources to private schools. To prove it, I'll definitely send my kids to public schools even though I can afford to send them to good ones (I guess it's lucky for me that two of the country's best public schools are so nearby).

After coffee, I went shopping for clothes (for ethical items, of course!) I'm very conscious of the things I wear - with the possible exception of my fiance's gorgeous diamond ring from Sierra Leone, which would've been too pretty to say no to.

Yep, I'm a bit of a philanthropist. Every month I give money to an international children's fund. I care so dearly for the state of the world that I'm determined to impose western values on absolutely everybody, which will obviously make this world a better place.

Wow, I just read this and realised how selfless an sophisticated I am! I'm definitely going to sleep well tonight.

Till next time!

Helena from Seatoun

No comments:

Post a Comment